New Zealand Vs Sri Lanka – 1st Test Preview
After a winning tournament campaign, the Kiwis come back to the cricketing action at the Sri Lankan shores for a series together with two tests and three T20s. New Zealand can begin their tour to Sri Lanka in whites with 1st test starting from August 14, 2019, at Galle International bowl, Galle.
New Zealand can look to their heartbreaking loss to the hosts European country within the tournament final behind them by beginning their tour on a winning note.
Galle traditionally has forever power-assisted the spinners, and another time each groups can bank upon their spinners to deliver the products. each side can look to bat initial because it is hard to chase in fourth innings at Galle International bowl.
The highest pursued score at the bottom is 99/3 by Sri Lanka against Pakistan in 2014. the typical fourth frame score at Galle International bowl is simply 152 compared to 379, the typical first frame score at identical venue.
Out of the whole thirty two matches vie at Galle International bowl, only six matches are won by the groups chasing. Since 2015, within the last seven matches vie at the venue, all the matches are won by the groups batting initial.
New Zealand Tour Of Sri Lanka
When: August 14, 2019
Where: Galle International bowl, Galle.
New Zealand Vs Sri Lanka Fantasy Team News
- Keeping spin-friendly surfaces of country in mind, the Blackcaps have picked four spinners in their 15-man squad for the series.
- once enjoying a decisive role in New Zealand’s triumph against Pakistan in UAE last year, each spinners, William Somerville and Ajaz Patel have managed to stay their place within the squad.
- The tag is joined by the returning Mitchell Santner and leg-spinner Todd Astle within the spin-bowling department.
- New Zealand have chosen 3 specialist pacers – Tim Southee, Trent River Boult, and Neil Wagner. Colin Diamond State Grandhomme, the seam-bowling all rounder, has completed the Kiwis’ bowling line-up.
- The batting pillars of New Zealand, captain Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor aboard Jeet Raval, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling, and Tom Latham has completed the batting set-up for the Blackcaps.
- Tom Blundell, the gifted wicketkeeper-batsman has been chosen because the back-up keeper to BJ Watling.
- Sri Lanka have recalled the previous skipper Dinesh Chandimal for the primary take a look at against New Zealand.
- The selectors have additionally involved the services of veteran Angelo Mathews UN agency uncomprehensible the South Africa tour thanks to a hamstring injury.
- The list of returning players additionally includes the names of spinner Akila Dananjaya and wicketkeeper-batsman Niroshan Dickwella.
- Captain Dimuth Karunaratne aboard Lahiru Thiramane, Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera, and Oshada Fernando has been trustworthy to handle the batting department by the selectors.
- Meanwhile, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara, and Vishwa Fernando are the pacers elect within the squad.
- Spinners Akila Dananjaya, Lakshan Sandakan with the newcomer L Embuldeniya have completed the bowling set-up of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
- Dhananjaya has been slotted within the spin, all rounder slot, and he can offer the balance to Sri Lankan team.
SL VS NZ Probable Playing XI
Sri Lanka Probable XI:
Dimuth Karunaratne (C), Lahiru Thiramane, Dinesh Chandimal, Kusal Mendis (WK), Angelo Mathews, Kusal Perera, Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dananjaya, L Embuldeniya, Suranga Lakmal, Vishwa Fernando.
New Zealand Probable XI:
Jeet Raval, Tom Latham, Kane Williamson (C), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling (WK), Mitchell Santner, Neil Wagner, William Somerville, Trent Boult, Ajaz Patel.
Funtush11 : Cricket Match Prediction
To know about Funtush11 : Fantasy Cricket Rules